Company Policy Template
Create and share beautiful company policy documents online with this free template.
What is company policy?
Your company policy is a set of rules and procedures which define how your employees are expected to behave and how your company does things.
For example, company policy documents often contain information detailing everything from dress codes, to travel expenditures, time off, promotion and disciplinary procedures.
Basically, all the fine detail of each aspect of the company-employee relationship.
Why create a company policy document?
Company policy documents rarely make for the most interesting reading, but they are essential because they define how employees and the company should behave, thereby ensuring understanding and massively reducing the risk of conflicts.
When should you create a company policy document?
Although writing a company policy document may not rank highly on the list of priorities for a small businesses, it's a very important document to have. If you don't have your policies clearly outlined and easily accessible, you'll likely start running into problems as you hire more people.
Therefore, it's a good idea to flesh out a company policy before the workforce grows in size. Remember, you can (and should!) continually update your company policy document, so it's sensible to create one early on, to avoid misunderstandings later.
What should a company policy document contain?
Company policy documents are all about detail. You need to define and explain in sufficient depth and clarity everything your staff are expected (and not expected) to do.
Don't skimp on the detail. You need to create clear, precise wording so there can be no room for misunderstandings.
Typically, a company policy document covers areas including:
- General company rules: hours of work, dress codes, email and internet policies, etc.
- Employee conduct: duties and responsibilities of staff, appropriate behaviors.
- Equal opportunities: rules which promote fair treatment in the workplace.
- Attendance and time off: rules and guidelines that define how staff schedule time off, the vacation and sick leave polices.
- Workplace safety and security: may include rules or guidelines about physical security in the workplace, as well as cybersecurity.
How to use this company policy template
- Create a folder called ‘Templates.’
- Create this template document and give it a title. Remember to add ‘template’ to make it easy to find later.
- Add your content. Be sure to create an experience that looks beautiful.
- You're ready to share.
Sharing and maintaining your company policy document
Once you have created your company policy document, publish it online and share it with your company via the 'share to web' function.
Company policies are living documents; they should be reviewed regularly and updated as a business grows. This is quick and easy to do with Craft, and your edits appear immediately.
Get this free company policy template here.