It’s used to inform customers, users, or members of the company’s practices related to the collection, storage, and use of personal data. It also outlines the company’s obligations to protect the privacy of its customers, users, or members.
The template provides an overview of the company's data practices, including:
- What types of personal data the company collects
- How the company collects, uses, stores, and discls personal data
- What rights individuals have with regard to their personal data
- What measures the company takes to ensure the security of personal data
- What third parties the company may share personal data with
- What data is collected: This section should explain what type of data is collected, such as name, address, email address, and payment information.
- How the data is used: This section should explain how the data is used, such as for marketing purposes, to improve customer experience, or to provide customer service.
- How the data is stored: This section should explain how the data is stored and secured, such as using encryption or secure servers.
- How customers can access their data: This section should explain how customers can access their data, such as through a customer portal or by contacting customer service.
- How customers can delete their data: This section should explain how customers can delete their data, such as by contacting customer service or using a delete button.
- Edit each section to ensure it’s personalized to your company. This is a good time to involve a lawyer or your legal team to review and ensure all bases are covered.