Employee Onboarding Pack
Welcome new staff beautifully with this new employee onboarding pack template.
What is a employee onboarding pack?
An employee onboarding pack is a set of documents that help a new team member learn more about the role and how the company operates. Onboarding packs are typically sent to new staff when they join a workplace.
Why create an employee onboarding pack?
A good employee onboarding experience makes a significant contribution to the morale of new colleagues. Companies that ensure joiners feel welcome tend to see better staff satisfaction and a higher productivity, than companies which have no onboarding procedure, or a poor one.
When should you create an employee onboarding pack?
Even the smallest start-ups need to ensure new members of their team feel welcome and have all the information they need to function, from day one. Therefore, no company is too young to create a staff onboarding pack.
What should an employee onboarding pack contain?
An onboarding pack should contain documents on the following:
- A welcome message.
- Practical information, such as where the employee should sit, hours of work, office address, etc.
- Account set up details. Typically new starts need to create a number of accounts to enable them to operate.
- Links to other company docs, for example; employee handbook, company values.
How to use this new employee onboarding pack template
- Create a folder called ‘Templates.’
- Create this template document and give it a title. Remember to add ‘template’ to make it easy to find later.
- Add your content. Be sure to create an experience that looks beautiful.
- You're ready to share.
Sharing and maintaining your employee onboarding document
Once you have created your onboarding pack, publish it online and share it with your new starts via the 'share to web' function.
Employee onboarding documents are living documents; they should be reviewed regularly and updated as a company grows. This is quick and easy to do with Craft, and your edits will appear immediately.
Get this new employee onboarding pack template here.