About this Personal Dashboard Template
This template was designed by community member Marshall Beyer to organize all the important aspects of your life and give you quick access to them. It gives you an easy-to-use interface with links to all the important documents and tools you might need to use on a daily basis.
As far as Craft templates go, this one is a little more advanced as it requires you to look up your Craft Space ID in order to use it. This is explained in more detail within the template.
What is a Personal Dashboard?
A Personal Dashboard is a simple page that gives you quick links to all the other documents, pages, folders and tools you need regularly. Keeping all your important links in one convenient location makes it easy to stay organized and productive.
When to use a Personal Dashboard Template?
If you’re somebody who spends a lot of time working on the computer, a Personal Dashboard is a must. Imagine it like the dashboard of a car where you have quick access to everything you need to in order to operate the vehicle. Likewise, your personal dashboard lets you link out to all the important documents/folders you need throughout the day so you can easily stay in control of your workday. If built right, your personal dashboard becomes the first place you visit when you start working and the last place you visit when you stop.
How to use a Personal Dashboard Template
- The first step is to set up the dashboard with all the links you need it to have. We've made it really easy to create internal links to other documents in Craft by simply typing @ and then typing the document/page title you're looking for. Within the template, you'll also find instructions for linking to folders you use regularly in Craft.
- Next, you can set up shortcuts to your today's, tomorrow's and yesterday's daily notes. These are slightly more complex to set up with instructions in the template.
- Finally, you might also consider linking to websites and even other tools you use regularly. For this, copy the URL or deeplink from other tools or websites and create links in your dashboard for those too. You want to have one dashboard with links to the things that you use the most: too many links and it becomes difficult to use, too few and you're probably missing the opportunity to save time and be more organized.
- If you want, you can also add backgrounds, colors and a cover photo to really make it your own.
- Make your dashboard easy to access by adding it to your Starred folder. Some users on Mac/iOS have even built Apple Shortcuts to launch their dashboard.