Apartment Moving & Rental Checklist
An apartment information and moving checklist is a document that contains all important information about your accommodation in one place. It also contains a checklist of 'to-do's' to ensure you don't miss anything when you're moving in and out of accommodation.
Why create an apartment information document?
Keeping all your important accommodation information in one place online means you always have access to it, and you can share it instantly with roommates or housemates. Adding a moving in / moving out checklist ensures you won't forget anything important and that you keep track of tasks you need to do; making your move a smooth process.
When should you create an apartment information & moving checklist?
It's very helpful to create an accommodation information document before you start looking for new accommodation. Add your criteria to the document: the 'must haves' and the 'nice to haves'. As you start to view apartments, add notes about each one.
Once you've chosen an apartment, add all the important information and create your moving checklist.
What should your apartment information document contain?
Your document should capture the most important information about your accommodation.
- When searching for an apartment, dorm or house, create a 'must have' and 'nice to have' list of criteria. For example, a 'must have' might be 'less than 30 minutes to campus,' while a 'nice to have' might be 'has en suite bathroom'.
- Create a shortlist of potential accommodation, including rental prices, locations and other details.
- As you view apartments, add notes to your plan, so you remember your thoughts about each one.
- Once you have selected an apartment, add all the important information to your doc, including details on bills, contracts, and rules.
- Create moving-in and moving-out checklists.
How to use this apartment information document
- Create a folder called ‘Templates.’
- Create this template document and give it a title. Remember to add ‘template’ to make it easy to find later.
- Add your content. Be sure to create an experience that looks beautiful.
- You're ready to add more information as your move progresses and share it with others.
Sharing and maintaining your apartment information document
Once you have created your apartment information document, you can share it with your roommate, housemates, and family via the 'share to web' function.
Apartment information documents are living documents; keep them updated before your move, once you have moved, and when you need to move out. This is quick and easy to do with Craft and your edits appear immediately.
Get this free apartment info and 'to do' checklist here.